Leo Baeck Temple
with Rabbi Jill Zimmerman and Rabbi Ken Chasen
Before the first class, please email me your phone number and city in which you live or work.
Classes will be held on Friday mornings from 9:00 am – 11:00 am at Leo Baeck Temple
Cost: $550.00 (payable by credit card or Paypal or personal check. If check, please bring to the first class, made out to Rabbi Jill Zimmerman or mail to 3427 Bahia Blanca West, #A, Laguna Woods, CA 92637)
Checkout Securely Using PayPal:
No PayPal Account required. Select “Pay using your credit or debit card” if desired.
Checkout Securely Using Stripe:
All major credit cards accepted.
Our class centers on meaningful study and contemplative Jewish spiritual practice in a safe and accepting environment. This 8-month course is designed for those who yearn for a spiritual connection with their Judaism. The class will meet collectively once a month. Between classes, participants will study with a chevruta (partner.) The course includes soulful music, poetry and story.
The focus of our year will be Rabbi Sheila Peltz Weinberg’s new book of Jewish mindfulness stories, poetry and musings. It’s a small, delightful and powerful book.
Book for class:
- Study Jewish texts that speak to the heart as well as the mind
- Cultivate awareness of divine presence in the midst of our daily lives
- Learn mindfulness practices that you can begin using in your own life
- Connect the words of prayer to the sentiments of the soul
- Weave spiritual practice through the rhythm of the Jewish year.
(9:00 am – 11:00 am)
- November 10, 2017
- December 1
- Jan 5, 2018
- Feb 2
- March 2
- April 6
- May 4